Wednesday, September 1, 2021

When Your Loved Ones Passes Away Without a Will, What Happens?

estate planning Ann Arbor

The State of Michigan, via the Estate and Protected Individual Code, directs how one’s probate estate will ultimately be distributed.  Assets owned by the decedent require an “intestate” probate estate, which is a probate estate opened for an individual who didn’t have anything in writing regarding their assets. Whether it be real estate, a boat or car, a bank account, bitcoin, Great-Grandmother’s sapphire ring, or financial investments, you’ll need the Court to appoint a Personal Representative to transfer assets to the proper beneficiaries of the estate.

There’s a lot more to it! Learn more here!

Sound Confusing? Schedule Your Consultation!

Call PSED Law to hire a professional personal representative, or seek representation if a loved one passes away with a will directing how their estate shall be distributed. 

PSED Law also provide estate planning services to ensure that your estate is administered according to your wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment