Friday, November 15, 2019

Can I Disinherit My Spouse?

estate planning attorney Ann ArborIn Michigan, you’re not able to disinherit your spouse by omitting to provide for him or her in your will or by including an explicit statement in your will that your spouse is not to receive anything from your estate. The law in Michigan provides a surviving spouse in a testate proceeding (one with a will of the deceased spouse admitted to probate by the Court) with the right to elect a share of the estate of his or her spouse even if the will says the spouse is not to receive anything.

Learn more here!

Get Started Today: Schedule Your Consultation!

If you would like to learn more about estate planning in Ann Arborcontact us today! Attorneys at Pear Sperling Eggan & Daniels, P.C., can help assist you with your case and everything in between. Consult Marty Bodnar for details.

Our attorneys know how to get results for our clients and they’re dedicated to getting a satisfactory outcome. Contact our attorney for estate planning in Ann Arbor today at (734) 665-4441 for a no obligation consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment